International Monetary Fund, A shifting global economic landscape,(2017).
German Institute for Economic Research, Shrinking share of middle-income group in Germany and the US (full report), (2016).
ILO - International Labour Office Geneva,Trends in the world of work: What effects on inequalities and middle-income groups (pdf), (2016).
Pow Trend, How a Growing Global Middle Class Could Save the World's Economy, (2016).
The World Bank, Poverty, (2016).
- How a growing global middle class could save the world's economy, Pow Trend, (2016) .
- The emerging middle class in emerging countries (pdf), OECD Development Centre, (2010).
- Kharas, Homi; Gertz, Geoffrey, The new global middle class: a cross-over from West to East, Brookings, (2010).
The Boston Consulting Group:
- Capitalizing on Asia’s Booming Upper Middle Class, (2016).
- The New China Playbook, (2015).
Pew Research Centrer, A global middle class is more promise than reality (pdf), (2015).
McKinsey & Company, Shifting tides: Global economic scenarios for 2015–25, (2015).
National Intelligence Council, Global trends 2030: alternative worlds, (2012).
SEATIDE (Integration in Southeast Asia: Trajectories of Inclusion, Dynamics of Exclusion), Report Summary, (Funded under EC FP7-SSH)
URBACHINA (Sustainable Urbanisation in China: Historical and Comparative Perspectives, Mega-trends towards 2050), Report Summary, Funded under EC FP7-SSH.
|Originally Published | Last Updated|
25 Jul 2018 | 28 Sep 2018
|Knowledge service | Metadata||Foresight |The Megatrends Hub |Growing consumerism|
|Digital Europa Thesaurus (DET)||consumer behaviourdegradation of the environmenteconomyenergy consumptionnatural resourcespopulation dynamicspurchasing power parityyouth unemploymentconsumer protectionlabour market|