This statement applies to content published on the domain: ‘https://knowledge4policy.ec.europa.eu’
It does not apply to other content or websites published on any of its subdomains. These websites and their content will have their own specific accessibility statement.
This website is managed by DG JRC. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible, including people with disabilities.
You should be able to:
- zoom up to 200% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using a modern screen reader and speech recognition software (on your computer or phone)
This website is designed to comply with the technical standard for websites and mobile apps, EN 301 549, v.3.2.1. This closely follows level ‘AA’ of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1.
This website is partially compliant with technical standard EN 301 549 v.3.2.1 and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA. See ‘Non-accessible content’, below, for more details.
The website was last tested on 15/03/2023.
Preparation of this statement
This statement was prepared on 15/03/2023, based on a review done by the automated tool Axe Monitor.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the https://knowledge4policy.ec.europa.eu website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers using the feedback form at the bottom of any page.
We try to respond to feedback within 15 business days from the date of receipt of the enquiry by the responsible Commission department.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The ‘https://knowledge4policy.ec.europa.eu’ website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Brave browsers;
- in combination with the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver and TalkBack
The accessibility of the ‘https://knowledge4policy.ec.europa.eu’ website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the ‘https://knowledge4policy.ec.europa.eu’ website, we are aware of some limitations, which we are working to fix. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you encounter an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the ‘https://knowledge4policy.ec.europa.eu’ website:
- many pages and document attachments are scientific in nature, and are not written in plain English
- many images have alt text descriptions which are automatically created, based on their filename, and so may not be informative as to the image’s content
- some documents are in PDF format and are not accessible
- some multimedia developed by the Knowledge Services may lack subtitles
Share this page