What we do
The Competence Centre on Foresight supports EU policy making by
- providing strategic and future-oriented input,
- developing an anticipatory culture inside the European Commission,
- continuously experimenting and developing different methods and tools to make foresight practically useful for decision making processes.
It was launched in 2018 during the conference Future-oriented Technology Analysis (FTA2018).
- Foresight helps priority-setting and steering policies towards common long-term objectives.
- It is an action-driven collective intelligence exercise.
- It is structured, systematic, participatory and inclusive.
- Deals with the medium to long-term future.
- Informs present-day decisions and facilitates joint actions.
- Helps you plan major spending, define the strategy of your organization or transition in the economic or political system.