A common and robust knowledge base for a sustainable and circular bioeconomy
What we do
The Knowledge Centre for Bioeconomy supports policymaking by:
- identifying, filtering and structuring relevant information and making it accessible
- bringing together researchers, policymakers and other experts in the field
- analysing, synthesising available evidence and communicating it in a transparent, tailored and concise manner
- Global challenges, such as climate change and land and ecosystem degradation, coupled with growing demands for food and energy, force us to find new ways of producing and consuming.
- A sustainable and circular bioeconomy helps address these challenges.
- To develop a sustainable and circular bioeconomy, policies must be evidence-based and coherent across different sectors. For this, we need a common and robust knowledge base.