What we do
We support policymaking by providing evidence on human behaviour. Our activities include:
- conducting behavioural research
- providing expert assistance to other departments of the European Commission, to embed behavioural evidence into policymaking
- building capacity on behavioural insights
- Behavioural insights concern how people perceive things, how they decide, and how they behave.
- They build on behavioural sciences – which include behavioural economics, social and cognitive psychology, and sociology.
- They are based on evidence generated by experiments, surveys, focus groups and in-depth interviews.
- Behavioural insights help understand the causes of a policy problem, suggest policy options, and test people’s reactions to these policy options.