More than 60% of the world’s people live in countries where induced abortion is permitted either for a wide range of reasons or without restriction as to reason..
- Mandatory quarantines, country lockdowns and mobility restrictions during COVID19 put women under a higher risk of domestic violence, in addition to unpaid household work and risks encountered at their workplace (women represent 70% of the health and social sector workforce globally).
- It is estimated that 35% of women worldwide have experienced either physical and/or sexual intimate partner violence or sexual violence by a non-partner at some point in their lives. However, some national studies show that up to 70% of women have experienced physical and/or sexual violence from an intimate partner in their lifetime. | Related Megatrends: Education; Work
- One in three women in the EU has experienced physical and/or sexual violence since the age of 15. | Related Megatrends: Work
- 76% of the 15,846 ‘registered victims’ of human trafficking in the EU for 2013-2014 were women (report of 2016).
- 75% of women in a professional job or in top management have experienced sexual harassment. | Related Megatrends: Work
- One in ten women has experienced sexual harassment or stalking through new technologies.
|Originally Published | Last Updated|
10 Sep 2018 | 16 Apr 2020
|Knowledge service | Metadata||Foresight |The Megatrends Hub |Diversifying inequalities|
|Digital Europa Thesaurus (DET)||discrimination on the basis of sexual orientationdomestic violencegender equalitysexual harassmentsexual violencesocial inequalitywomen's rights|
The 2017 Social Progress Index reveals that while quality of life improves across the globe, there are also some troubling trends: declining personal rights...
Worldwide, labour force participation rate for women is only 49%, compared to 76% for men and no much improvements are foreseen for the near future..