- The pharmaceutical industry is increasingly driven by the need to move from treatment to prevention, diagnostics and cure, therefore speeding up innovation and implementation of new technological developments.
- By 2030, the pharmaceutical industry is expected to be radically different, with a shift in focus towards pharmatech, genetics and immunotherapy.
- Internet of Life - geomonitoring of pathogens and antibacterial resistance reduces the risk of outbreaks and helps identifying drug development and administration needs. | Related Megatrends: Inequalities; Technology
- FoundationOne CDx is a FDA approved “companion diagnostic” that allows to determine which drugs or therapies are best suited to individual cases of cancer patients. | Related Megatrends: Technology
- Big data can help planning better medical treatments. | Related Megatrends: Technology
- Artificial intelligence could offer the possibility to timely identify people prone to produce harm (to themselves or others), creating opportunities to intervene long before thoughts turn to action. | Related Megatrends: Technology; Security
- Many leading centres of innovation in disease management will be in the developing world.
Priority should increase for prevention and early detection of diseases rather than cure of the symptoms.Use of AI and big data to identify trends in health by regions, for encouraging prevention of...