Skip to main content
- While technology is continuously improving living standards, they could also increase threats. Ethical and security implications of some S&T developments are needed to be assessed for their safe developments for the benefit of society. | Related Megatrends: Inequalities; Security
- Foresight and creativity methods and dialogues with technology experts could be used to assess future potential malicious use of new technologies.
- Funding of R&D for societal needs could be on parity with funding for weapons.
- Networks of CDC-like centers could be created to counter impacts of bioterrorism, and agreement should be reached on enforcement mechanisms for the Biological Weapons Convention;
- Lethal autonomous weapons systems (LAWS) could be included under the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (CCW) to avoid their misuse and the third revolution in warfare;
- Technological transfer to emerging geopolitical powers (e.g. China) could be conditioned by respect of peaceful-use requirements;
| Related Megatrend: Security
More on this Megatrend