- By 2030, hyper-connected, tech savvy millennials will make up 75% of the workforce.
| Related Megatrends: Technology; Inequalities; Demography
- Older population keeps more active (by will or by necessity);
over 50% of people 65+ in Germany, Sweden, and UK are earners through some independent work.
| Related Megatrends: Inequalities; Demography
- Some 20%-30% of working-age population (some 162 million people) in Europe and the USA are engaged in some kind of independent work. | Related Megatrends: Technology; Inequalities
- In Europe, an estimated 10% of the adult population has ever used online platforms for providing some type of labour services;
about 2% are main platform workers (work at least 20 hours a week on platforms and earn at least 50% of their income via online labour platforms). | Related Megatrends: Technology; Inequalities
- Around 44% of young Europeans — 15-24 year-old — would like to set up their own business. While there are some EU programs supporting young entrepreneurship, efforts have to intensify to address the lack of skills and access to financial resources.
| Related Megatrends: Inequalities; Technology; Education