You will join the Text Mining and Analysis Competence Centre, working on large scale media monitoring, disinformation, stance detection, and on pulling useful information for policy from large amount of text.
The team are based in Ispra, Italy.
- Good communication and team-working skills.
- MSc and/or PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computational Linguistics, Statistics or related areas.
- At least three years postgraduate experience.
- Proven publication track in peer-reviewed scientific conferences and journals.
- Very good knowledge of English (B2 level).
- Hands-on programming experience.
- Hands-on experience with state of the art machine learning, deep learning and NLP toolkits, in particular in applying large language models.
Place of employment: Ispra, Italy
Monthly salary: for Function Group IV (depending on years of experience and place of employment): 3 555,98 - 6 593,66€.
In addition to the basic salary, the candidate may be eligible for various allowances (including expatriation and household allowances): MORE INFO HERE
Detailed conditions of Employment in all EU languages:
Vacancy code: 2022-IPR-I3-FGIV-022149
Deadline for applications: 23 January 2023
How to apply
If you are already on a valid CAST FGIV reserve list, or you have already applied to other call, you can directly submit your application at JRC External Staff Recruitment Application, using the vacancy code given above.
You will be requested to register through EU login. If you don't have a EU login account, sign up here.
Otherwise, you must register for one of the two following:
- the Call for Expressions of Interest | EU Careers (europa.eu) (CAST Permanent FGIV), which is used by a wide range of organisations (institutions, bodies, offices and agencies of the European Union), or
- the specialised call for researchers (JRC Call COM/1/2015/GFIV – Research), which is mainly used by the JRC.
Note that each of the calls above has different minimum eligibility requirements and different selection tests.
Sentiments (positive, negative, neutral), emotions (joy, anger, sadness, fear, disgust, and surprise) and values (power, achievement, self-direction, stimulation, benevolence, universalism,hedonism, security, conformity...