A mixture of rich content, targeted learning strategies, dynamic screens, interactive tests, exercises with reinforcement feedback and illustrative case studies make often complex...
This manual serves as a technical guidance for conducting food security and nutrition situation analyzes for a given area or group of households.
The manual will allow the users:
- To become familiar with the Cadre Harmonisé analytical approach;
- To know the standards and principles of the CH methodology;
- To understand the functions, protocols, procedures and tools of the CH;
- To understand the results of a CH analysis.
The CH Manual 2.0 introduces major changes in the analysis process compared to the version 1.0, while remaining consistent with the CH initial analytical framework. It remains aligned with IPC version 3.0, particularly regarding its acute food insecurity component.
In addition to changes in thresholding of some outcome indicators (HDDS, rCSI, MAG / MUAC, HEA ...), this version also specify better how to identify the type and the levels of impacts of contributing factors on the outcome indicators. It also clarifies the use of indicators for pastoral areas or population. It also integrates a improved caloric proxy (‘the integrated caloric proxy’) using a new methodology that takes animal, fisheries and non-timber forest productions into account in the computations.
The CH 2.0 Manual also gives specific guidance on:
- The classification of famine;
- The analysis of inaccessible areas or areas with limited humanitarian access;
- The analysis of household groups;
- How to account for humanitarian food assistance
- The attribution of reliability score to the data used;
- The assessment of the confidence level of the analysis;
- The integration of the gender dimension throughout the analysis process.