The Joint Research Centre is the Commission's science and knowledge service. The JRC employs scientists to carry out research in order to provide independent scientific advice and support...
Fertility, mortality and migration have strong, long-lasting impacts on every society.
Demography is also entrenched with many characteristics affecting societal and individual well-being: living conditions, economic status, educational attainment, cultural identity, labour market and participation and political behaviour.
- Population statistics, analysis and visualization;
- Spatial demography;
- Population modelling and projections;
- Demography, education and health;
- Population, migration and climate change;
- Demography of the global south.
Studying how issues of demography have an impact on EU societies, also at the global level.
- Analysis of present and future demographic changes, their determinants and their impacts at spatial level;
- Innovative population modeling and projections;
- Research on demography and human capital (education and health).
Latest on Demography from the KnowledgeBase
Estimates of global five-year net migration and natural increase (from 1975 to 2015) at a spatial resolution of about 25 km.
The Natural Increase (birth minus...
The AIDELF was created in 1977. It brings together demographers and specialists in various disciplines giving a demographic orientation to their work. Today, AIDELF has...