Key objective: To obtain state of the art knowledge in relation to Corporate Venturing (CV), including a comparative overview of the current landscape, with particular reference to the European context.
Stakeholder groups: Policy makers in Member States and the EU, start-ups, corporates
Project summary: The European Commission is involved in developing policy and policy instruments aiming to support innovation and technology transfer, and as part of this work needs to understand the development of innovation strategies. It is therefore important to understand the impact of innovation and innovation finance models relating to the corporate world.
The evaluation will cover issues including:
- Describing of main characteristics and historical development of the CV concept
- Identifying current trends and potential future trajectories of the CV approach
- Gauging the impact on the technology transfer field, particularly the developing role of higher education institutions and public research organisations in this context
- Analysis of the most applied models for corporate incubators and accelerators (including collaboration and financing models and IP related arrangements)
- Providing decision/policy makers with recommendations
Contact: Mattias Dinnetz, Competence Centre for Technology Transfer, JRC
Public–Private Partnerships (PPPs) have been widely applied as credible models for the development and operation of public infrastructure. This study intends to answer two key questions: (i)...
The report provides guidelines in the form of a decision tree for research organisations when dealing with the current EC rules and regulations on State Aid in Research and Innovation. The document...
08/2020 - 01/2021
Project summary: The aim of this preliminary study is to map available online tools and services such as databases, web platforms, networks, tools and training that...
Key objective: To help public institutions mobilise private sector liquidity and expertise for investments in innovation districts.
Stakeholder groups: public and private investors...
Key objective: To strengthen the translational (proof of concept) capacities of research organisations and SMEs in the Western Balkans.
Project summary: The JRC will be providing technical...