SHRAM Research Portal and Data Repository is an online knowledge community on migration in South Asia with a specific focus on India. It will highlight the work done by NGO partners supported by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust and Allied Trusts and also showcase output from SHRAMIC initiative. The targeted users of the portal are researchers, young scholars, policy makers, social scientists and university teachers and students. The content is managed by IRIS Knowledge Foundation.
"Strengthen and Harmonize Research and Action on Migration in the Indian Context" (SHRAMIC) is a Tata Trusts initiative on migration anchored by IGIDR in collaboration with CPR, IRIS-KF, NIUA and the Tata Trusts' Migration Program Partners.
Objective - To improve understandings of:
- The extent and nature of migration in India
- The use of migration as a livelihood strategy by households
- The livelihood strategies of migrants, migrant workers and their families
- Create a conducive environment for migrants and recognize the contribution of migrants while formulating poverty reduction and employment strategies.
- Suggest evidence based policy prescriptions for protection of the rights of migrants.