The GHSL image analytics framework has been tested with a large set of sensors including radar and optical public and commercial missions. Bi-lateral agreements of JRC...
Innovative data refers to new forms of data generated from non-traditional sources, such as internet, Mobile Network Operators, social media platforms.
They can offer timely information complementing official statistics and can be used in forecasting, now-casting and scenario-building activities.
- Use of timely Big data to complement official statistics
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Ethics and privacy issues on the use of big data containing personal data
- Human mobility
- Public-private partnership, data 4 good
- Migration now-casting and forecasting
To develop methodologies for the responsible and ethical use of innovative data sources to inform migration and demographic policies.
- Research and development of state-of-the-art methods for improving migration and demographic data using innovative data sources.
- Development of Visualization platforms to facilitate discovery and access and analysis of migration and demographic data.
- International collaborations to foster the responsible and ethical use of innovative data sources to inform migration and demographic policies.
The European Commission's Knowledge Centre on Migration and Demography (KCMD) ** Data+ catalogue** enables any user to discover datasets, web portals and platforms, stakeholder...
Repository of Global Pulse’s projects. Find out more about collaborative research, prototypes and experiments analyzing digital data to support global development and humanitarian action.