The Joint Research Centre is the Commission's science and knowledge service. The JRC employs scientists to carry out research in order to provide independent scientific advice and support...
Innovative data refers to new forms of data generated from non-traditional sources, such as internet, Mobile Network Operators, social media platforms.
They can offer timely information complementing official statistics and can be used in forecasting, now-casting and scenario-building activities.
- Use of timely Big data to complement official statistics
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Ethics and privacy issues on the use of big data containing personal data
- Human mobility
- Public-private partnership, data 4 good
- Migration now-casting and forecasting
To develop methodologies for the responsible and ethical use of innovative data sources to inform migration and demographic policies.
- Research and development of state-of-the-art methods for improving migration and demographic data using innovative data sources.
- Development of Visualization platforms to facilitate discovery and access and analysis of migration and demographic data.
- International collaborations to foster the responsible and ethical use of innovative data sources to inform migration and demographic policies.
On the 29 August 2014 Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon named an Independent Expert Advisory Group on the Data Revolution for Sustainable Development. The 24-member group of experts from civil...
MPC conducts advanced policy-oriented research on global migration, asylum and mobility. It serves governance needs at European and global levels, from developing, implementing and monitoring migration-related...
06 May 2021 | 20 Jun 2021
|Knowledge service | Metadata||Migration and Demography|
|Digital Europa Thesaurus (DET)||big dataModellinginnovation|