Skip to main content
- Cryptocurrencies, Blockchain technology and Ethereum concepts are creating new economic structures; over 850 cryptocurrencies with $145 trillion market cap are listed at a $5 trillion 24-hour volumn. | Related Megatrends: Technology; Education; Inequalities
- New financial services empower entrepreneurs with new tools that help their businesses grow and thrive; e.g. since 2013, PayPal Working Capital has provided over US$3 billion in funding to more than 115,000 small businesses worldwide, without using any FICO score.
- The IoT is expected to expand faster, driven by the 5th generation (5G) of communication infrastructure and higher-volume and lower cost devices. In 2020, cross-industry devices are expected to reach 4.4 billion units, while vertical-specific devices will amount to 3.2 billion units. | Related Megatrends: Technology;
- IOTA (Internet of Things Application) touted as a “cryptocurrency of the future”, uses Tangle (not blockchain) and is Quantum proof.
| Related Megatrends: Inequalities; Technology; Governance; Security
- Discussions about basic Income guarantee for every (adult) person of the society one are increasing, in the wake of automation, advanced robotics and AI. A 2016 survey found that 68% of people across all 28 EU member states would “definitely or probably” support some form of universal basic income. | Related Megatrends: Inequalities; Governance; Security
More on this Megatrend