The index evaluates policy efforts against human trafficking in the three prime areas of prosecution; protection and prevention (3Ps) worldwide.
In view of the increased numbers of refugees; asylum seekers and migrants entering the EU; FRA publishes monthly reports highlighting key developments about the fundamental rights situation of people arriving in selected EU Member States (up to 14 Member States; including AT; BG; DE; DK; EL; ES; FI FR; HU; IT; NL; PL; SE; SK). The monthly overviews are published as of January 2016 and include a focus section on a particular topic of concern each month; e.g. hate crime; unaccompanied children; family reunification; etc.
FRA published weekly overviews encompassing a period of eight weeks from September to November 2015.
From January 2016 FRA is publishing monthly updates that cover a variety of different issues; including:
- initial registration and asylum applications; with particular attention to the situation of vulnerable people
- criminal proceedings initiated for offences related to irregular border crossing
- child protection
- reception conditions for new arrivals; focusing on the situation of children and other vulnerable people
- access to healthcare
- public response such as rallies of support; humanitarian assistance or voluntary work
- racist incidents such as demonstrations; online hate speech or hate crime.