Afforestation is an important greenhouse gas (GHG) mitigation strategy but the efficacy of commercial forestry is disputed. Here, we calculate the potential GHG mitigation of a UK national planting...
The FAOSTAT Employment indicators module contains time series data by sex on:
- Agricultural value added per worker;
- Employment in agriculture (absolute numbers and shares);
- Time-related underemployment in agriculture (absolute numbers and shares);
- Wage employment distribution in agriculture;
- Labour force participation in rural areas;
- Employment-to-population ration in rural areas.
The series consist of estimates for different periods as available from the original sources, namely the International Labour Organization (ILO).
IPBES (Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services) is to perform regular and timely assessments of knowledge on biodiversity and ecosystem services and their interlinkages at the global level.
Workshop Report and Scientific Outcome of the IPBES-IPCC co-sponsored workshop on biodiversity and climate change.