In March 2019, the government of Spain’s Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities published the RDI Strategy in Artificial Intelligence (Spain, 2019). It establishes a series of priorities and policy recommendations to create the appropriate ecosystem for the development and application of AI technologies. Although the policy report is mainly focused on the creation of a framework for a solid Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) ecosystem in AI, it serves as the initial structure for the development of a national AI strategy. The RDI strategy in AI identifies the following priorities:
- Developing a framework for the development of solid IA RDI system and the analysis of its socio-economic impact;
- Identifying key priority areas in which research and innovation in AI should be maximised;
- Facilitating the transfer of knowledge and its return to society;
- Fostering the development of education and competences in the field of AI;
- Establishing a digital data ecosystem and enhance the available digital infrastructures;
- Analysing and developing an ethical framework from an RDI perspective.
The AI Landscape (2009 - 2018) Dashboard and AI Worldwide Ecosystem in 2009-2018 report provide an overview and analysis of the European AI landscape includingincluding:
- research centres,
- testing facilities,
- data infrastructures,
- start-ups and digital innovation hubs (DIH).
Explore the AI Landscape dashboard for your country to discover:
- who are the key players,
- in which technologies they specialise,
- how they are distributed,
- how they are connected to each other,
- how innovation spreads through the network,
- which technologies are consolidating.
Share this page