Slovakia is one of the Member States that includes its AI-related policies as part of a broader digitalisation strategy. In October 2019, the Slovakian government published an English version of the Action plan for the digital transformation of Slovakia for 2019-2022 (Slovakia, 2019a). The action plan offers a set of concrete steps on how to start building a sustainable and human centric, and trustworthy AI ecosystem. The action plan is based on a wider Strategy of the Digital Transformation of Slovakia 2030 (Slovakia, 2019b), setting out the long-term perspective of Slovakia for a successful digital transformation of the economy and society. While the strategy report provides a broader picture, the action plan is more detailed and includes concrete policy measures for the years 2019-2022.
The Slovakian Action Plan sets out a list of policy initiatives with a short-term time horizon that covers the following strategic areas:
- Supporting digital transformation of schools and education to prepare for digital skills needed in the digital era;
- Strengthening the basis for a digital and data economy;
- Improving abilities of the public administration to innovate and use the data for the benefit of citizens;
- Supporting the development of an AI ecosystem.
The Slovakian strategy does not disclose financial provisions or estimations for its implementation.
The AI Landscape (2009 - 2018) Dashboard and AI Worldwide Ecosystem in 2009-2018 report provide an overview and analysis of the European AI landscape includingincluding:
- research centres,
- testing facilities,
- data infrastructures,
- start-ups and digital innovation hubs (DIH).
Explore the AI Landscape dashboard for your country to discover:
- who are the key players,
- in which technologies they specialise,
- how they are distributed,
- how they are connected to each other,
- how innovation spreads through the network,
- which technologies are consolidating.
Share this page