The Lithuanian Artificial Intelligence Strategy constitutes an analysis of Lithuania’s prospective with artificial intelligence systems and presentation of strategic recommendations for government consideration.
In April 2019, the Ministry of Economy and Innovation released the Lithuanian Artificial Intelligence Strategy: a vision for the future (Lithuania, 2019). The aim of the strategy (p. 4) is to "modernise and expand the current AI ecosystem in Lithuania and ensure that the nation is ready for a future with AI". The strategy has been drafted by a working group consisting of representatives of the private sector, academia and governmental institutions.
The strategy provides an overview of the current AI landscape in Lithuania and a range of policy recommendations in key areas with the aim to:
- Improving the skills and education in AI for all citizens;
- Strengthening the national research and innovation ecosystem in the field of AI;
- Increasing the deployment, development and use of AI in all economic activities, including both the private and public sector;
- Promoting national and international collaborations in AI and enhancing network opportunities;
- Developing an ethical and legal framework for a sustainable and transparent development of AI applications;
- Establishing a responsible and efficient data ecosystem for AI.
The Lithuanian strategy does not include concrete policy initiatives but merely serves as a guiding document for all actors in the country with policy recommendations to align towards. It does not outline financial provisions for the implementation of the strategy.
The AI Landscape (2009 - 2018) Dashboard and AI Worldwide Ecosystem in 2009-2018 report provide an overview and analysis of the European AI landscape includingincluding:
- research centres,
- testing facilities,
- data infrastructures,
- start-ups and digital innovation hubs (DIH).
Explore the AI Landscape dashboard for your country to discover:
- who are the key players,
- in which technologies they specialise,
- how they are distributed,
- how they are connected to each other,
- how innovation spreads through the network,
- which technologies are consolidating.
Resources, news and more relevant to this Country:
Share this page