In October 2018, the Hungarian government formed a Coalition on Artificial Intelligence as a partnership between governmental institutions, prominent academics and practitioners from leading IT businesses. Made up of almost 200 members, the Coalition is currently working on the development of Hungary's AI Strategy and various AI-related proposals. The national strategy should be completed and published by the first half of 2020.
In October 2019, Hungary announced the launch of an AI action plan, which provides initial steps towards a national AI strategy. The announcement of the AI action plan highlights various preliminary initiatives that supposedly will be further developed in the official strategy, such as:
- Encouraging the development of AI technologies by reinforcing opportunities for basic research and innovations in AI;
- Fostering education in AI-related skills and competences;
- Developing a regulatory framework and strengthening international relations;
- Supporting the creation of a well-developed infrastructure and data sharing facilities;
The AI Landscape (2009 - 2018) Dashboard and AI Worldwide Ecosystem in 2009-2018 report provide an overview and analysis of the European AI landscape includingincluding:
- research centres,
- testing facilities,
- data infrastructures,
- start-ups and digital innovation hubs (DIH).
Explore the AI Landscape dashboard for your country to discover:
- who are the key players,
- in which technologies they specialise,
- how they are distributed,
- how they are connected to each other,
- how innovation spreads through the network,
- which technologies are consolidating.
Share this page